Here’s what you can do with a USB-C to Lightning cable:
- Charge your AirPods, AirPods Pro, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it’s connected to a USB-C port.
- Certain iPhone models are fast-charge compatible when connected to certain USB-C power adapters using the Apple USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or import your photos when connected to a USB-C port on your Mac or PC.
- Charge a Siri Remote when it’s connected to a USB-C port on a Mac, PC, or USB-C power adapter.
- Charge Apple accessories like a Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard, or Magic Trackpad.
- Use your iPhone or iPad as a Personal Hotspot when connected over a USB-C to Lightning cable.
The USB-C port on an Apple TV HD doesn’t support charging, so you can’t use this port to charge a Siri Remote. You might not be able to charge your iOS device using USB-C power adapters that aren’t manufactured by Apple.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.